Friday, April 6, 2012
New Developments in the Shaima Alawadi Case
at 10:01 AM
- The note found at the scene was not an original. It was a photocopy.
- A neighbor reported seeing a dark, thin young man exit the house around the time the attack took place.
- Fatima told police that she heard her mom squeal, and glass break, but she thought it was a plate (pretty far fetched, if you ask me).
- Shaima Alawadi, the victim, was contemplating a divorce. She had the paperwork in her car.
- Shaima also had a troubled relationship with her daughter, Fatima.
- Fatima was found by officers allegedly having sex with a guy in a car, and her mother was called. On the way home, Fatima jumped out of the car at 35 mph.
- In the hospital, Fatima confessed she was very upset she was going to be forced into an arranged marriage with her cousin.
- Police discovered a text message on Fatima's phone when they were interviewing her about the attack on her mom. It said, "The detective will find out tell them cnt talk."
It will be interesting to watch this case develop. I do not believe Shaima was a victim of a random act of violence, or a hate-targeted crime by some stranger. Nothing points to that at this time.
If you like this post, please click +1 below. Thank you.